Today, I am thankful for my blog traffic.
Seriously. The past couple days, there’s been a spike in visits. So, those of you who are stopping by for the first time: welcome! How are you doing?
I also want to take a moment to respond to a wonderful gift Hannah, who runs Sadie Mae’s Mommy, gave me at the end of last week: a blog award! Thank you, Hannah!
Liebster is German for ”dearest” or “beloved,” but it can also mean “favorite.” The idea behind the Liebster Award is to bring attention to blogs with less than 200 followers.
As part of receiving the Liebster Blog award, the awardee does the following:
1. Choose 5 blogs with fewer than 200 followers to grant the Liebster Blog award.
2. Show appreciation to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them!
3. Post the award on your blog and link back to the blogs you have given the Liebster Blog award to so everyone else can pay them a visit!
What this means is that I’m going to choose five more blogs and give them this award, which they all most certainly deserve!
- Stretching My Wings. Heather has been my Very Best Friend in the Whole Wide World for almost ten years now. We met in college and bonded over English Lit courses and Dungeons & Dragons. I’ve watched her daughters grow up (one of whom is my proclaimed god-daughter). She’s my spiritual sister and greatest advocate, and I have never been without her support. No one could be more awesome. Heather blogs about random, every day things, which she makes highly amusing with her wonderful writing style. She’s been blogging more regularly again – hooray!
- Live. Love. Laugh. Last year, Kasie married one of my cousins. Because of the whole “living-in-Japan” thing, I was unable to attend the wedding, and I have yet to meet one of the newest additions to my extended family. Over the summer, she became pregnant – and then miscarried in the first trimester. She lost her baby the weekend before Lauren came still into the world. I admire Kasie greatly; she has a busy busy schedule and continues to have a wonderful attitude about life and hope. I’m looking forward to meeting her face-to-face someday.
- The Lotus Flower. I found this blog through Faces of Loss, and I was amazed at the similarities between us. She lost her daughter – also named Lauren – at 37 weeks, only seven days after my Lauren was delivered. So much of what she says rings true with me too, and I take hope that perhaps I can have the same strength she does.
- Getting It Sorted. I love this blog, and I adore Lyndell. She is such an inspiration; she as endured so much, including the loss of her beautiful daughter Charlotte. Lyndell has a way of getting straight to the point and not holding back any punches, which I really admire.
- Tisi’s Tirades. A blog for angry babyloss mamas everywhere. If you’ve ever wondered why babyloss parents are so irritable and bitter sometimes, this would be a good place to start. Tisi is an amazing woman: in the space of 12 months, she lost three precious babies. She has every right to be as angry as she needs to be.