With a new year comes a new round of blog awards, and I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Hannah from Sadie Mae’s Mommy. Thank you, Hannah!
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. List 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you, plus write another 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers (or more or less).
4. No tag backs.
5. The bloggers have to have less than 200 followers.
6. Go inform them that you nominated them for the award.
So, to start things off, here are 11 random things about me.
1. I started college with a double major in English and Secondary Education. I dropped the Education major after one year.
2. When I moved to Japan, I spoke no Japanese.
3. I am ten years younger than my husband.
4. I never grew out of my horse-loving phase (doesn’t every girl have one?), and I would love to ride if I had the opportunity.
5. I’ve eaten horse, and it is delicious.
6. I refuse to pay for cable TV, and I don’t miss watching TV at all.
7. I’ve moved so many times that I’ve lost count. It’s easily more than a dozen. Probably closer to two dozen. I’ve lived in five states, Puerto Rico, and Japan.
8. I would love to visit Germany.
9. I believe that snow is completely unacceptable, except on Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
10. When I first met Geordie, I thought that he wasn’t my type. Also, he wasn’t tall enough.
11. I celebrate the Equinoxes and Solstices.
And now, I’ll answer Hannah’s questions:
1. What is your favorite book?
A Writer’s Book of Days, by Judy Reeves. It’s a prompt-a-day book, and what I like about it is that they’re not just straight journaling prompts, they’re great for sparking scenes in fictional stories. Yesterday’s was “Write about acceptable losses.” Nice and open-ended.
2. Have you ever read the entire Bible, either all at once or in general?
Yes, but it’s been a very long time.
3. How many hours a day do you spend on Facebook?
Um, maybe 2? Altogether. Usually in spurts of 10-15 minutes or so.
4. If you could afford a live-in maid, would you hire one?
Probably. Mostly for sweeping/vacuuming and dish-washing duties. Also, for cleaning bathrooms.
5. What is your dream car?
I am actually quite fond of the one I have now, so let’s just go with a Chevy Cobalt.
6. Do you prefer to live close or far away from family?
That seems like a loaded question. I’ve lived on the other side of the world from my family, and it really didn’t bother me. I’ve also lived within a three-hour’s drive from family, and that didn’t bother me either. I think I’d be okay as long as I wasn’t Too Close. Like next door or in the same town.
7. What is your all-time favorite song?
“Warning Sign,” by Coldplay.
8. How did you find the Sadie Mae’s Mommy blog?
Honestly, I don’t quite recall. I think it might have been via a link-up done by the Faces of Loss blog. I am 99.99% certain it was through a link-up.
9. What is your go-to meal when you’re rushed for supper?
Chik-Fil-A. Maybe that sounds strange coming from someone who loves to cook so much, but I do not do spontaneous cooking. I plot and plan our dinners, so when the schedule gets knocked off kilter, it’s Chik-Fil-A, leftovers, or sometimes a pizza from Papa John’s.
10. Are you named after any of your relatives?
Nope. They considered naming me Sara Leigh, after my father (whose middle name is Lee), but they decided that might not be the best idea.
11. What is your favorite blog?
That’s a tough one, but it’s got to be Heather’s blog. She’s my BFF, and we don’t get as much contact as we’d like, so I love it when she blogs. She hasn’t done much lately, for various reasons, but I like to think I’m always the first one there to read a new post.
And now, my questions for my nominees:
1. If you could have any kind of pet, what would you have?
2. What was your first car?
3. Do you still live in the city you were born in?
4. If you could be fluent in any language, what would it be?
5. What’s your favorite meal to cook?
6. What was your high school mascot?
7. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
8. The first time you took a plane trip, where did you go?
9. What is the most valuable thing you own?
10. What is your favorite piece of clothing?
11. If you could take a vacation anywhere, where would you go?
And my nominees. Please note, you’re under no obligation. It’s just that I find your blogs highly entertaining, and I just want to share the love!
Stretching My Wings – my BFF’s blog, though she’s been a bit too preoccupied to update it lately.
Getting It Sorted – a babyloss mama who was recently blessed with the arrival of her rainbow baby
Miss Conception – another babyloss mama who had her rainbow baby just last month!
Created Family – still another babyloss mama who is expecting her rainbow baby next month
By the Brooke – I hadn’t realized until now how many blogs I read by babyloss mamas who are now enjoying enjoying their lives with their rainbow babies. Here’s another!
Love is Blonde – a very sweet babyloss mama who recently had beautiful twin boys!
Four to Adore – the last babyloss/TTC blog, I promise! They brought home not only one beautiful baby but four of them!
A Mama, Baby, and Shar-Pei in the Kitchen – a fellow Dorista and all-around nice lady!
Always Add More Butter – another Dorista and aspiring baker
Yummy Chunklet – fellow Dorista who makes delicious-looking dishes!
One Wet Foot – a Dorista who not only makes great-looking food but also never fails to amuse me with her writing