While Delaware, which is affectionately known as ‘The First State’, was the first to move on legal sports betting, it was quite late to offer online sports wagering. Better late than never, though.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Legal and regulated sports betting has been available in Delaware since June of 2018 soon after the United States Supreme Court overturned the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA).
- Neighboring states Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Maryland have all established online sports betting programs in the years afterwards while Delaware sat on single-event sports betting and parlay cards at in-person casinos and retail outlets.
- Yesterday, Delaware finally made the move to offer legal sports betting apps and iGaming on computers and mobile devices.
- The Delaware State Lottery is partnering with Rush Street Interactive to bring these offerings to Delaware’s online gamblers via the BetRivers Sportsbook brand.
- The new online gambling will be offered in conjunction with the state’s three casinos.
For the full story, please visit Delaware Online Sports Betting Launches at Last (USBettingReport.com).