Intel® Extreme Masters (IEM) is returning to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, with 16 of the world’s best Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) teams from around the world competing for a share of the prize pool and a spot in the IEM Cologne 2023 competition. Fans will witness intense competition and have the opportunity to experience the action live during the Playoff Stage held at the iconic Jeunesse Arena.
Here is all you need to know about IEM Rio 2023:
Following the immense success of last year’s IEM Rio CS:GO Major Championship Made of Madness, ESL, an ESL FACEIT Group brand, is bringing IEM back to the Brazilian coastal city on April 17-23.
The ESL Pro Tour Masters competition, IEM Rio 2023, will see 16 top-tier CS:GO teams from around the globe battle it out for a total prize pool of $250,000 and a spot in the IEM Cologne 2023 tournament. The competition kicks off with the Group Stage on April 17 in which the participating teams will face off in two groups of eight.
The six best teams will then proceed to the live Playoff Stage on April 21-23. During those final three days, fans from Brazil and beyond are set to experience the unrivalled atmosphere once again as the top squads enter the stage and come face to face at the Jeunesse Arena in Rio de Janeiro.
Schedule & Format
Group Stage: April 17-19
- The Group Stage will feature two double-elimination format (GSL) groups with eight teams in each group. The opening matches will be best-of-one with the subsequent matches being best-of-three.
- The top three teams from each group will advance to the Playoffs with Group Stage winners advancing to the semi-finals, 2nd places advancing to the quarter-finals as High Seeds, and 3rd places advancing to the quarter-finals as Low Seeds.
Playoffs: April 21-23
- The Playoffs will feature a single elimination bracket with the quarter and semi-finals being a best-of-three to win. The Grand Final will be a best-of-three to win.
- Natus Vincere
- Faze Clan
- Team Vitality
- Ninjas In Pyjamas
- Imperial Sportsbet
- The MongolZ
- 9Z Team
Commentators and Analysts
In-Arena Experience During the Breaks
- Alexandre “gAuLeS” Borba
- Jean “mch” Michel D’Oliveira
- Andre ‘Liminha’ Kenzo
- Fillipe “bt0” Moreno
- Victor “VelhoVamp” Augusto Taube
- Diego ‘LLAUQS’ Sanches
- Alessandro “Apoka” Marcucci
|3rd – 4th||$20,000|
|5th – 6th||$10,000|
|7th – 8th||$6,000|
|9th – 12th||$5,000|
|13th – 16th||$4,000|
IEM Rio 2023 will feature a variety of on-site activities and event for attending fans, including:
- Signing sessions: There will be multiple signing sessions from competing teams, hosts, commentators and on-site narrators happening throughout the tournament, including home-favourite FURIA
- Tribo Booth: The booth will feature all of the on-site narrators and entertainers hosting signing sessions as well as others. While on-site, the narrators will provide entertainment during the breaks, with Liminha and Bt0 reporting from the crowd.
- FURIA Booth: Fans have the opportunity to get to know one of Brazil’s biggest esports organizations, meet their favourite players and fellow fans, compete in activities, play games, win prizes and much more
- Intel® Booth: At the official Intel® booth, fans can try out the latest games and the newest hardware
- ESL Shop: The ESL Shop offers a wide variety of esports merch, including team products and ESL Collectibles
- Counter-Strike 2 free-play area: Fans eagerly waiting to jump into Counter-Strike 2 can expect a unique experience and play the game at IEM Rio 2023
- Food trucks: For those looking for a bite or something to drink, IEM Rio 2023 offers several options at the on-site food trucks
- Partner activations inside the arena:
- The DHL booth: Delivered by DHL, fans have the opportunity to open CS:GO cases and win amazing skins
- 1xBet Booth: Fans can compete for prizes, participate in 1v1 challenges and art sections, meet some of their favourite players, and more
- Monster Energy Booth: Performers will show off their skills on their skateboards, while fans can also grab a drink to keep them going throughout the day
Stay tuned as additional side activities will be announced.
Powered by WPeMatico