According to the President of the ICRG, Arthur B. Paikowsky, there is a requirement for additional research to assess the prolonged efficacy of voluntary self-exclusion programs. He stated, “There is a necessity to determine whether enhancing these programs would result in more customer participation and whether this would be beneficial.”
GeoComply Co-Founder and CEO Anna Sainsbury added, “We have been committed to responsible gambling initiatives since forming GeoComply over a decade ago. We need more data to support the industry’s actions around RG, and I am really happy that we can support the ICRG’s research in this important area.”
The following are potential topics for research:
- What is the most effective form of self-exclusion long-term?
- What is the ideal time for exclusion from a gaming property or site?
- What criteria should an operator or the state gaming commission use to decide if a person should be allowed back?
- Is “self-exclusion” a negative term that stigmatizes and stops people from enrolling?
- What is the best method of registering? For example, does registering with security stop people in land-based casinos?
The results of the research will be published in October 2025.
Powered by WPeMatico