· The Board of Directors of the company is composed of eight members.
· Christopher Bell is confirmed as non-executive Chair in this new chapter for the group.
The Board of Directors of Nueva Codere has been formed following the holding of the Shareholders’ Extraordinary General Meeting on Monday.
The highest governing body of the group is made up of eight members. Christopher Bell assumes the position of non-executive Chair, as an independent director and as indicated in a previous press release.
The remaining “Class A” directors 1 at this time are:
· Aidan de Brunner, as an independent director. With over two decades of board, investment and advisory experience, Aidan de Brunner currently sits on the Board of several companies, including The Trafford Group (UK) Ltd. Amongst other positions of responsibility he has been a partner at Arrowgrass Capital Partners and Executive Director at Morgan Stanley.
· Antonio Moya-Angeler, as Qualifying Shareholder Director. Moya-Angeler worked for more than 15 years at Advent International in Mexico, Colombia, Brazil and France, where he became Managing Director and Member of the Investment Committee for Latin American. Currently, he is a member of the advisory board for several companies.
· Vicente Di Loreto, as Corporate Director and maintaining the position he has held since January 2018 as CEO of Grupo Codere.
The four further directors, known as “Class B” 2, are:
· Laurence Biver
· Isabelle Lambert
· Mathieu Kakal
· Sandra Egan
The directors of each class (A or B), will have the roles assigned to them in the Shareholders Agreement signed on November 19, 2021.
The new Board of Directors will work together with the company’s management team as the group enters this new chapter in its development; bringing the business back to pre-pandemic levels of activity, defining the 2022-2026 Business Plan and putting the group back on a path to growth. In particular, the group continues to see significant opportunities in Spain, Mexico and online, as well as the ongoing development of its technological platform and omnichannel strategy.
With these appointments and the abovementioned plans, Nueva Codere takes a big step towards normalization and beyond following the pandemic and financial restructuring. Chris Bell has commented: “I believe that Nueva Codere has a promising future. The capacity and experience of the management team, together with the talent of the directors who accompany me, make me very optimistic about the new phase that the company is starting”.
Powered by WPeMatico