Online Slots “Auto Play” Banned in Canadian Province

By | July 17, 2021

In the Canadian province of Ontario, online slots and gambling regulations are being prepared for a launch this fall. Part of those regulations have been shared, and they include some restrictions for fans of web based slot games.

First and foremost, the regulator has decided to block any so called “auto play” feature, meaning players will need to manually spin the virtual reels. Additionally, no matter how quickly players would like to spin, there will be a minimum wait time set at 2.5 seconds between spins.

These restrictions are designed to protect slot players from themselves, of course. More specifically, they are to protect the approximately 2% of the population who may have a gambling problem. Therefore, the other 98% of people who do not have a problem gambling must now abide by these rules.

The online slots restrictions have been put in place by the new iGaming Ontario body, which is a subsidiary of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO). You can read more at iGB North America.

The post Online Slots “Auto Play” Banned in Canadian Province appeared first on SlotZine.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *