The global online gambling market size is projected to reach USD 158.20 billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 11.4% during the forecast period. This information is given by Fortune Business Insights
List of Key Players Covered in this Market Report:
- Slots Heaven Casino (Slots Heaven Casino)
- Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, United Kingdom)
- SPIN Casino (Canada)
- DraftKings Inc. (Massachusetts, United States)
- Betfred (Warrington, United Kingdom)
- BetAmerica (California, United States)
- LeoVegas AB (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Betsson AB (Stockholm, Sweden)
- StarsGroup.com (Ontario, Canada)
- Kindred Group Plc. (Valletta, Malta)
- Mansion Casino (Gibraltar)
- Evolution Gaming AB (British Columbia, Canada)
- Scientific Games Corporation (Nevada, United States)
- Buffalo Partners (New York, United States)
- bet-at-home.com AG (Germany)
- 888 Holdings PLC (Gibraltar)
- Bet365 (Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom)
- Flutter Entertainment Plc. (Dublin, Ireland)
- William Hill Plc. (London, United Kingdom)
- Entain plc (GVC Holdings Plc.) (Douglas, Isle of Man)
REPORT SCOPE & SEGMENTATION:
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2028|
|Forecast Period 2021 to 2028 CAGR||11.4%|
|2028 Value Projection||USD 158.20 Billion|
|Market Size in 2020||USD 66.72 Billion|
|Historical Data for||2017 to 2019|
|No. of Pages||130|
|Tables, Charts & Figures||92|
|Segments covered||Type; Devices; and Region|
|Growth Drivers||Ease of Online Payment to Drive Online Gambling Market Growth|
|Restrictions of COVID-19 on Land-based Casinos to Boost Demand for Online Gambling|
|Rapid Adoption of Smartphones to Fuel Demand for Mobile Gambling|
|Pitfalls & Challenges||Rising Adverse Impacts on Mental Health and Bans on Online Gambling May Impede Market Growth|
Quick Adoption of Online Gambling amid COVID-19 to Boost the Market
The global health and economic crisis triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic forced governments in several countries to impose strict lockdowns and social distancing measures. Companies rapidly adopted remote working models, leading to huge portions of working populations working from home. With most non-essential services and places, including casinos, being closed down, gamers and gamblers have swiftly shifted to virtual platforms, boosting the online gambling market growth in the process. For example, an article published by New York University revealed that digital gambling platforms have gained speedy momentum in Canada after the coronavirus broke out. In Australia, according to a report by Concordia University, Canada, spending on online casinos rose sharply by 67% in April 2020. The coronavirus pandemic has, thus, proved favorable for this market, enabling it to register a healthy CAGR of 11.2% and reach a value of USD 74.17 billion in 2021.
Based on type, the market has been classified into sports betting, casinos, poker, lottery, bingo, and others, with the lottery segment holding a share of 15.1% in the global market and a share of 15.4% in the UK market in 2020.
On the basis of devices, the market segments include desktop, mobile, and others. By region, the market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East & Africa, and South America.
Highlights of the Report
The report offers a granular examination of the various factors shaping the growth trajectory of the market, as well as a holistic analysis of the hindrances obstructing the market. Furthermore, a microscopic study of the regional and competitive dynamics influencing the market has also been provided in the report, along with an in-depth assessment of the individual market segments. The insights contained in the report are based on industry-leading research conducted through primary, secondary, and tertiary sources.
Introduction of Sophisticated Technologies in Virtual Gambling to Fuel the Market
Advanced, intelligent technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchain, are being increasingly employed by online gambling platforms to ensure a secure and safe space for enthusiasts. Heralding this trend are startups that are developing and offering novel gambling platforms powered by smart technologies. For example, Edgeless, which was started in 2018, became the first Ethereum-based virtual casino that uses distributed ledger technology to ensure payouts. Similarly, Tombola is a popular lottery and gambling platform driven by cryptocurrency and other blockchain-enabled tools. Another example is the Canada-based startup, Quarter4, which leverages AI to offer simulations, content, and predictions for sports bettors. The incorporation of new-age solutions in digital gambling is, thus, opening new pathways of development for this market.
Europe to Headline the Global Market, Forecasts Fortune Business Insights
Europe is expected to dictate the online gambling market share during the forecast period on account of the heavy investments being made by sports enthusiasts across the continent in online sports betting. Moreover, a healthy betting culture in Europe will further bolster the prospects of the market in the region. In 2020, the Europe market size stood at USD 30.92 billion.
The presence of secure connectivity infrastructure and strong gambling regulations will propel North America in the second-leading position in the market in terms of revenue generation. On the other hand, growing investments in online gambling in South America, driven by regulations in Colombia and Argentina, are anticipated to speed up the expansion of the market in this region.
Key Players to Strengthen Businesses through Innovative Collaborations
With online gaming picking up pace amid the COVID-19 pandemic, key players in this market are entering into strategic collaborations with gambling industry giants to deepen their market footprint. These companies are engaging in developing innovative online gambling platforms to attract gamblers and gain momentum in this rapidly evolving market space.
- December 2020: BetMGM launched the BetMGM Casino in Pennsylvania, with an aim to bring its online gambling portfolio to players in the state. The platform will offer sophisticated mobile casino games, which will be available on iOS, Android, and desktops.
- February 2020: CBS Sports and William Hill inked a deal under which William Hill will become the exclusive provider of Wagering Data and Sports Book across all CBS Sports platforms. The partnership will integrate sports betting, media, and technology to enhance fan engagement.
Powered by WPeMatico