Previously, we have discussed how iGaming brands benefit from influencers, what the peculiarities of the iGaming industry and marketing are, and the differences between promoting iGaming products and services in countries from three different tiers. Now, let’s see how you can use the similarities and differences of the tiers to your profit when managing influencer marketing campaigns for iGaming brands.
Identifying Tier-2 Markets with Tier-1 Potential: A Language-Based Approach
In influencer marketing, targeting is often based on language. For instance, India and the USA both have English-speaking audiences, including influencers from India who create content in English, appealing to a broad audience.
Case Study: Brazilian/Portuguese Markets Dynamics
Brazil’s iGaming market boom is attributed not only to its government and influencers’ loyalty to iGaming brands but also to the Portuguese language. This language factor connects Brazil to Portugal, a more expensive market.
Here’s how to use strategic focus on linguistics for cost-effectiveness. By engaging Brazilian influencers at local rates, brands can effectively reach the Portuguese audience. The key is focusing on influencers whose content statistics show a significant following in Portugal. This approach allows for tapping into a Tier-1 audience (Portugal) at a Tier-2 cost (Brazil). For instance, CPM (cost per mile) in Portugal is at least $20 on average, while in Brazil it may be around $5-7.
Case Study: Leveraging the Moroccan Market to Reach the French Audience
Morocco, with its French-speaking audience, presents yet another unique opportunity. In France, strict regulations make promoting gambling especially challenging. However, Moroccan influencers who create content in French can inadvertently capture the attention of the French audience.
By partnering with French-speaking influencers in Morocco, brands can effectively reach potential customers in France. This approach allows tapping into a more regulated and expensive market (France) through a less regulated and more affordable channel (Morocco).
By understanding and leveraging the shared languages across different markets, iGaming businesses can identify Tier-2 markets with the potential to effectively reach Tier-1 audiences. This strategy offers a cost-effective way to expand reach and influence, particularly in linguistically connected regions.
Quick Tips for Choosing the Right Influencers to Bridge Geo-Cultural Gaps
- Universal Content: Pick influencers who create content that appeals globally, not just locally. Look for themes or stories that resonate across borders.
- European Collaborations: Favor influencers who have teamed up with European influencers, indicating their ability to connect with diverse audiences.
- Brand Partnerships: Choose influencers experienced in working with well-known brands or competitors, showing their capability to handle professional and broad-reaching collaborations.
- Language Skills: Opt for influencers fluent in multiple languages or those who use a widely understood language like English to widen their audience reach.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Ensure the influencers are culturally aware and inclusive, key for appealing to and respecting diverse audiences.
- Diverse Audience Base: Check if their followers are globally distributed, suggesting a wider appeal beyond their immediate region.
- Consistent Quality: High-quality, aesthetically pleasing content often transcends cultural boundaries, making it appealing to a wider audience.
Crafting Geo-Targeted Content
When presenting your iGaming service or product – globally or not, for Tier-1 or Tier-2 countries – you have to do it with taste, making sure the quality of the presentation is high. Also it’s crucial to adapt and trust local expertise:
- Valuing Influencer Insights: Embrace the knowledge of local influencers. If they have already established a Tier-1 audience, it’s a sign they know what works. Trust their recommendations to tailor your product’s presentation effectively in their region.
- Leveraging Language for Broader Reach: If your brand is available in French, capitalize on this. You can target all French-speaking countries, leveraging the common language to connect with a diverse but linguistically unified audience. This approach broadens your reach while maintaining message consistency.
KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) are crucial in influencer marketing as they provide insights into campaign performance, including audience engagement, brand awareness, website traffic, lead generation, sales, and ROI. Setting and measuring KPIs are essential for understanding the success of influencer marketing campaigns and making data-driven decisions. You have to select KPIs based on specific campaign goals (e.g., brand awareness, traffic, sales). Focus on a few critical KPIs that reflect your objectives for clarity and effectiveness.
Key Aspects of Influencer Marketing KPIs
- Engagement Metrics: Includes likes, shares, comments, saves, and mentions. High engagement indicates effective content.
- Audience Growth: Tracks increase in brand’s social media followers or subscribers post-campaign.
- Website Traffic: Monitors visitors directed to your site through campaigns, with metrics like new users, session counts, and referral traffic.
- Lead Generation and Conversion Rates: Measures potential customers acquired and the percentage of leads completing a purchase.
- CPA: The cost of acquiring a new customer through influencer-led campaigns.
- ROI: Calculates profitability, comparing campaign costs against revenue generated.
When measuring influencer marketing KPIs:
- Utilize social media analytics for engagement metrics.
- Google Analytics helps track website traffic and user behavior.
- Use affiliate links, promo codes, and UTM parameters for sales tracking.
- Compare current campaign data with historical data to assess impact.
Effectively setting and measuring KPIs is vital for the success of influencer marketing campaigns. These metrics help align strategies with business goals, optimize efforts, and maximize ROI. For expert assistance, the Famesters influencer marketing agency offers comprehensive support: we calculate the sales funnel for our clients up to the first-time deposit (FTD), go from strategy development to KPI measurement.
Author: Anna Zhukova, Team Lead (iGaming) at Famesters